Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Qavah

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart 
and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14

"I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.'
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:24-26

The Hebrew word for "wait" in both passages is qavah. It is not simply the passage of time. Its definition is "to wait, look for, hope, expect." 

If you wait, then wait and look with hopeful expectation.  

What a gift it is that as children of God, we don't have to wait without knowing. We know he is with us. We know he is working. We know he waits alongside us. 

If anything makes the wait easier, He does. 


1 comments:

Tina said...

Can I have a side of fries with my Qavah? I mean... to pass the time? I know. I can't. Waiting is food in and of itself.

Somedays it tastes like bran.
Other days waiting is sweet like honey...

At least we don't dine alone.