Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flu, Day 11


Yes, that's correct. Over each of the past eleven days, at least one person in our home has had the flu. One day there were four of us. I guess it would have been too easy for everyone to get sick at once. We had to spread it out. My husband had the flu shot so he was safe but, not to be outdone, he came down with strep. Here are some random thoughts and photos from the past few (or eleven) days.....


1) Injured on the job? Involved in an automobile accident? Watch Family Feud. There were approximately seven dial-a-lawyer commercials during one episode. I couldn't believe it.

2) Home with sick kids? I found the bright side: I cleaned an entire room, all at once. That never happens.

3) Drake and Josh is really, really funny. Or was it the fever?

4) Balloons are entertaining, especially when they reveal hidden talents. See (very amateur) video:


5) A daughter willing to make up some fun for her younger sister, while I lay in bed, is a treasure. Thank you, Taylor!
Pics from the fashion show:  
                                                                                                                                                        

                    




The stylist


6) It can be hard to get warm when you have the chills. 
I was desperate a few nights ago, so I grabbed our dog. That girl can put out some serious heat. I give her a ten hot water bottle equivalent. She doesn't get as high a rating for good looks. (Sorry, Lulu. It's just the truth.)





7) Let me turn this into a public service announcement. The flu is everything it's cracked up to be.  Do what your doctor suggests. Which leads me to this, because I know what you're thinking:

8) Yes, I'll get a flu shot next year. (if I had a dollar for every time...)

1 comments:

Christi said...

Hey Susan, hope you guys are all better! We passed the flu around like that before & unfortunately my Mom-n-law was in town from Montana & had managed not to catch it, that is until she got on the plane back home:( There aren't many things more unpleasant than a cross country flight with the flu! I love your blog. I have had home pc issues so my blog is like a forgotten wasteland, but thanks to the iPhone I can still read everybody elses blogs:) ttyl
Christi